Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review on BH Cosmetics & Coastal Scents!!!

Hey guys!

I know we have all seen ads all over the web of these two cosmetic products. BH cosmetics and Coastal Scents are known for their eye shadow palettes that have a million eye shadows on it. (ok not a million but a lot!) I have decided to try them out!




Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette ($16.95) A concealer palette with multiple shades ranging from fair to dark. Therefore, you are bound to find your match. I also love this because I don't have to go out and buy concealers when the summer goes away and my skin is no longer tanned! I find them to be very creamy in texture and do a really good job at concealing! For the price tag you can not go wrong!







BH Cosmetics 88 Color cool matte palette  ($19.95) I love not only the price but the variety of colors you get with this palette. You can do anything from smokey (grays, purples, browns) to bright and funky (yellow, blue, peach) to even natural (browns) with this palette. I find these shadows to be nicely pigmented. The only that I would suggest is that you prime your eyes first to make them last all day. I find that without a really good eye primer the color start to fade after a few hours of use. Other than that, this was a really good buy. I will be buying some other palettes from them soon!



BH Cosmetics 10 pcs Deluxe Makeup Brush Set ($27.96) Brushes are something we must not be cheap about. Having a good brush to apply your makeup can make all the difference! I once bought a foundation that came with this special Japanese sponge and I hated it. I was going to throw it away until I used another brush with it and now it has become a product that I use very often. Anyway, I say all that to say, that these brushes were just ok. The bristles were very flimsy. I would not recommend these brushes even for this price tag. They just won't do your makeup any justice.



BONUS TIP! A makeup artist once told me that a good brush has to have some weight on it and when you pull the hairs back with  your fingers there has to be some kind of resistance. (Not too much though) She also told me that even the best brushes shed so don't get discouraged if you paid a lot of money for your brush and it sheds.

No comments:

Post a Comment