Thursday, August 11, 2011

Putting Lip Stains to the test

I have been testing lip stains for the past couple of weeks. Here are my findings:

   Tarte lip surgences are about $24 and can be purchased at most Sephora. I love how they
                            have a variety of colors. Some are matte finished and some have luster to them. However,
                             since this is marketed as being a long lasting lip stain, this is not worth the $24. (In my
                              opinion) It has creamy consistency and moisturizes your lips up on contact, but the
                                staying power isn't great. Within an hour it was completely gone from my lips.
   Revlon's Just Bitten Lip stain + Balm These run for about $13 at most drug stores. It has
                               a matte stain on one end and a balm on the other end to had shine and moisture to your
                               lips. One thing that I did not like about this stain was that no matter which color I picked
                                it came out red. I even tried the 'fate' color (which is a pretty brownish nude color) and
                                that came out red. The staying power of this stain was ok until I put the balm on. If red
                                  is your thing then I would suggest this product. Just done put the balm on!



   Cover Girl Outlast lip stain Also about $11-$13 at most drug stores. I ran into the same
                             problem with this one as I did with the Revlon one. No matter what color I pick out it
                              was red. This product made my lips really dry after about 20 mins. The staying power
                               was ok after about an hour I still had some color on my lips.

NYC Smooth proof 16hr Lip stain $4.99 at most drug stores. I love this stuff!!!! It does
                              last for 16hrs like they claim it does. However, for $4.99 it last a lot longer than any of
                                the other lip stains that I have tried. After about 3 hours it looked the same as it did
                                  when I first put it on. This is totally worth the $4.99 price tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment